Thursday, May 28, 2009

Orange Dinghy


In an effort to do something rather than nothing I have lately been painting small 4" x 4" watercolors. They're small enough that I can complete them fairly quickly... usually when the kids are in bed. I'm not sure what it is that I like so much about painting small boats... maybe it's the water and how it reflects colors yet has depth and color of its own. Or maybe I like the peaceful, relaxing feelings of serenity that it invokes when you look at a small boat on calm water. I hope it encourages a sense of nostalgia- helping you remember those moments in your life when you had little to worry about. I like the vibrant orange color in this painting. I used ink to give it more of a sketchy, textured and spontaneous feel to it.

I've been talking with a friend about how to make prints of my work. I think this will be one that I print. Then I'll sell it on etsy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment